Always Remember The First Time
- 1995: The
Sidekicks opened the season with a game outside the United States for the
- La Raza de Monterrey defeated the Sidekicks at ITSEM for the first time.
- 1985: The MISL summer meetings began in Dallas.
- 1987: The MISL board of directors awarded a franchise to Sidney and Andy Shlenker (then owners of the NBA's Denver Nuggets).
- The franchise, to
be known as the Denver Desperados, was conditional on the following being
completed by November 15, 1987:
- The group must negotiate a long-term lease for McNichols Arena, satisfactory to the league.
- The group must receive firm support from the mayor, city council and chamber of commerce.
- The group must have a commitment of 5,000 season tickets from the soccer community.
- The group failed in the season ticket campaign and the Denver franchise never played a game.
Regular Season Games